My Chicken Plans have turned Upside Down!

You can always feed the eggs to the birds, boil them and chop them up and give them to the ducks and chickens!

Give the eggs away to friends or neighbors or sell them to help buy feed!

No reason to give up your dream. You can always compost the eggs to if you garden at all.

Having the birds is what it's all about, the eggs and meat are a bonus!

You can always get into breeding and sell the fertile eggs too.

See their are many options!

Take care.
Hope Hal feels better soon!
Brenda

Quote:
Yeah, he's eaten eggs all his life, just chicken eggs and none of them since my ducks started laying at the end of December. I'm getting some chicken eggs this month, they're on sale at the store, or else he might be abel to get a couple from his mom to try, her chickens are supposed to be laying again. I'd rather do that, I don't need another dozen eggs!
lol.png
There's nearly 2 dozen duck eggs in the fridge!

Got y fingers crossed too, a gal in town is allergic to chicken eggs and I gave her some duck eggs to try. If she can eat them, I'll have a customer!

Quote:
The giving away I already do. I'd have to sell them on the sly to avoid the MI regs, whatever they are. I googled and didn't get far. Can't compost them, eggs attract skunks.

Having the birds is what it's all about, the eggs and meat are a bonus!

That I have a hard time "getting". I'm one of those people who feels things must have a function other than looking pretty. Especially if it continuously costs money. I've already got two dogs so companionship is covered so chickens have to pull their own weight.

Although, it might be easier to fit a chicken in my kayak with me than my dog......
tongue.png

You can always get into breeding and sell the fertile eggs too.

Maybe, that I'll have to think about. Thanks for the ideas though.
smile.png

Quote:
WOOHOO!!! I just had to update my allergy thread. Hal called me from his mom & dad's and said he ate a hard boiled chicken egg (and a PB&J, weird combo) for lunch while he was at their farm and only had a little discomfort, a mild heartburn!!! Nothing like the reaction he had to my duck eggs.

Of course, he waited till the chicken order went in at the feed store to try an egg (grrrrr) but atleast I did order 6 st run Barred Rocks to go with my Cornish x order. So this means, next year (assuming I can wait that long) with my next meat chicken order, I may throw in a Wyandotte, Dominique or some other interesting looking egg layer.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I doubt it, he eats PB&Js all the time, and at Easter he did have half of one chicken egg (it was deviled) and thought he felt something but wasn't sure. He's been too chicken to find out till yesterday.

I'll take what I can get.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom