My Chicken Run - Palace

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by slim2000, Oct 10, 2010.

1. slim2000

slim2000 New Egg

Oct 10, 2010
    I LOVE BackyardChickens.com. I got so many ideas for building my chicken run (called the chicken palace) that I thought I'd share what I did so others might benefit. This winter I'll be extending a small tunnel about 75 feet away to a outdoor playhouse that will be converted into a magnificent chicken hotel... I'll post those pics when done.

http://mcelfreshgardens.com/2010/04/19/chicken-palace/

-T

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Ah mannnn....doing nice jobs like that sure are easier when you have some of the sweet equipment you got to use. It looks great!

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]

Really nice job, thanks for sharing! Love the child labor, my 10 year old really likes to help too--the 16 year old, well not so much...She still has too, but I miss the days when it was fun and not work.

4. lorrir

lorrir Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Upstate SC
    woo hoo great coop

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I now have construction equipment envy.

SUPER cool coop! LOVELY location, too! What happy chickens you'll have, if they aren't already in residence and thrilled!

6. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

7. Lurken Turken

Lurken Turken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Acampo
    [​IMG] Heck yes!! Gotta love a good tractor and power tools!!!!

8. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wow!!! If birdies get into your chicken food like one person posted, perhaps you could make a treadle feeder. This link is not the one I sent to my Dad when I "ordered" mine for Christmas, but is similar. I'm thinking since you're so handy with boy toys you could do it. It's way too difficult for me or my hubby to do so I'm hoping Santa pulls through for me!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=56638-building-a-treadle-feeder

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Eye candy tractor!!!!!

Nice job on the pen!!!!

[​IMG]

10. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    Awesome! You're lucky you live where you can have a palace. So are your chickens! Can't wait to see more pics!

I have mine in a 10x10 chain link slum. Actually it's not too bad. I cleaned out my wood pile and put some nice big logs in it. They really enjoy hopping on them and roosting. They enjoyed devouring the palmetto bugs that came out of that wood pile as well!

You'll have enough room to make a chicken playground!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by