My chicken setup

B40chick

Songster
May 23, 2020
Southwest Georgia, USA
I have a coop and run. Nesting boxes are accessed outside the coop, in the back. Flooring in coop is hardware cloth for easy cleaning. The tractor is pretty light and easy to move. My husband was a gem to build these for me as I venture into my chicken life.

Attachments

• 0525200855.jpg
    0525200855.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 0525200858.jpg
    0525200858.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 30
Estimated 14 week olds. 3 Leghorns, 1 Light Brahma. I posted my other two to identify. Going by replies thus far, one Austrolop...probably didn't spell that right, and one bantam cochin

I have a coop and run. Nesting boxes are accessed outside the coop, in the back. Flooring in coop is hardware cloth for easy cleaning. The tractor is pretty light and easy to move. My husband was a gem to build these for me as I venture into my chicken life.
I LOVE THE TRACTOR. My tractor was so heavy, that i had to use the lawnmower to move it. PVC will be my next design.

Estimated 14 week olds. 3 Leghorns, 1 Light Brahma. I posted my other two to identify. Going by replies thus far, one Austrolop...probably didn't spell that right, and one bantam cochin
We have 8 australorps, and so far they are my favorite breed ever. They are so tame, and friendly!
Mine are about 12 weeks old, and we just came inside after feeding them some scratch.
One likes to jump on our shoulder and look around (spiderman), and a couple like to stand our our legs as we sit indian style (WonderWoman, Ladybug, flower)

--
Yes we named them all after superheros, with the exception of 2. We named them heart and flower.
We bought chicken bands that had little charms on them. We found one that had the pictures of superhero logos on them. We have to check the bands regularly because they are still growing.

We have...
  1. Captian America (Our only rooster)
  2. Ladybug (Cartoon series that my 5 year old daughter likes)
  3. Wonderwoman
  4. Flower
  5. Heart
  6. Batgirl
  7. Supergirl
  8. Spidergirl

My ladies enjoying the tractor. I can make it an extension of the coup with sliding doors I fixed. Today will be rainy, so I wanted them to have access to main run and coop, as well as get some time on the grass

Attachments

• 0526200745a.jpg
    0526200745a.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 30
They can access under the coop. They like it under there when they want a shady spot. I also have a door to the outside. It is fixed to slide open and shut with a pin lock to make the area more secure at night. I can butt the tractor up against it to give them full access. When I decide to try free ranging they will be able to go in and out there

Attachments

• 0526200756.jpg
    0526200756.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom