My chicken thinks she's a dog......

Oceanseve

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Guthrie, OK
We've caught her going nuts with this really LOUD cluck a few times, and she just does not want to stop. Today we realized, its when there is a siren in the distance and the dogs start howling.
th.gif
Do you think this is a habit we can break? Do you think when we add her new flock mates that this habit will rub off on them? This is really depressing because I'm not technically supposed to have them, the neighbors have recieved them really well till now, but if she starts this up we are probably going to have a problem. It would be okay if she stopped when the dogs did, but she keeps it up. Help?

I can't help ya there sorry, but 1 of my roosters does this howling/crow every morning around 2am when the train whistle blows at the bottom of the mountain. I think that the loud noises may hurt his ears, not to mention disturb his sleep. Good Luck!

We did move her closer to the dog's pen a few months ago, so maybe we need to move her back away from it. I hadn't thought about it that way. She probably never thought much of their howling before, but now that she is much closer it probably does irritate her.

Last edited:
I have noticed this past week she doesn't feel as heavy as usual, not like lost a whole lot of weight, just not as heavy as usual. So maybe she really isn't happy with where we moved her coop and run. She's laying just fine and acting normal other than the outbursts.

I had to re-home a 'giant' red sex link that was always trying to crow. I miss her eggs, but not the 'crow'.

Back
Top Bottom