My chicken tractor and coop-pictures

i would really like to build a tractor like that could you go over the parts list and cost? how did you attach the wire to the pipe? thank you great design

I don't have a parts list but the tractor is 6'x12' and we used about 200' of EMT conduit. That includes the wings. If you don't have predators, you could skip the wings. We have seen mink, coyote, bear, and fox on our 40 acres not to mention the area dogs, raccoons, etc. All welds were touched up with a spray galvanize paint. We attached all the welded wire to the pipe with short pieces of wire. Each one twisted in place with small pliers. There were a lot of them.
Cost? I asked my husband and he said cost didn't mater because he was making it for his wife. Yeah, he is a keeper. Hubby designed and built both tractor and coop with the help of son and myself.
We will be raising two sets of 25 meat birds this summer in the tractor. The low roosts are not necessary for the meat birds and lift right out. It works great for that number of birds. Moving it daily keeps the birds cleaner and they get to eat grass and clover.
Just as a FYI, we store the tractor in one of the garages by suspending it from the rafters by the pull ropes on each end and a pulley system. It takes up no floor space and it is out of the weather when not in use.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your building.

thank you that is a great design looks like you will get a very long life out of it. look forward to hearing more on its success. thank you

Back
Top Bottom