My chicken tractor is DONE!

Up-the-Creek

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
West Virginia
I have been bugging DH to build me a chicken tractor for almost a year now. He finally got some time off and decided he better get it done. It is now the new residence for my silver phoenix pair,..and they love it!
love.gif

Last edited:
Nice Chicken Tractor I thought about building one, it did not turn out how I wanted it to be but I think I am going to try again and build it just like yours!
thumbsup.gif

how has the tractor worked for you?
i am building one similar and wondering about predators entering from the ground. i have 2x6 boards on the bottom and will not put wire on the ground.

just wondering.

The tractor is working out great! We have had no problems with any predators trying to get in so far, but we have 4 large dogs so we don't worry about that much. The wheels we bought at Lowes. We had some old wagon wheels, but the tractor needed a heavier wheel. We got some with the metal wheel.They hold up great even though it is very heavy. An afterthought,..use light materials. Use 2x2's instead of all 2x4's, use thinner materials for the house part. Think light when making it. This one is very easy moved though. My husband uses his "dolly" ( some people call it a truck) to slide under the front and he just walks off with it. Better yet a temp board across the front with two people would be easier. Oh and instead of taking the wheels off all the time, we just make a trench to park them in. That way the boards are all flush with the ground. I know I love it, my Romeo and Juliet love it, and poor DH has to make one more for me and another for his buddy.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom