My chicken wont eat

I might consider worming her now with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, and starting some Corid in case of coccidiosis. This type of illness is hard to diagnose without a vet or testing. Perhaps an antibiotic such as amoxicillin, in case of a reproductive infection, might be indicated.

What did this bird die from?
Mareks disease, I'm aware of how deadly it is, thankfully the others aren't showing symptoms, and the chicks in my incubator will be vaccinated as soon as possible, she also had a parasite (I wasn't told what it was called), and was recommended a dewormer, I'm trying an alternate medicine while it ships to at least help her manage, as well as force-feeding her, she is improving though :3

Mareks disease, I'm aware of how deadly it is, thankfully the others aren't showing symptoms, and the chicks in my incubator will be vaccinated as soon as possible, she also had a parasite (I wasn't told what it was called), and was recommended a dewormer, I'm trying an alternate medicine while it ships to at least help her manage, as well as force-feeding her, she is improving though :3
So you had a necropsy with labs done?
Do you have a copy of the report?

and the chicks in my incubator will be vaccinated as soon as possible,
Chicks need to be vaccinated at one day old (this is to make sure they are not exposed to the virus before vaccinating) and have to not be exposed to the virus at all for at least a week, some sources say 2 weeks, following vaccination. The virus can be passed by carrying dander on clothes or shoes etc., so it's very hard to isolate them completely unless you have separate everything, including caregivers. If they are exposed before vaccination, or before the vaccine has time to work, it will be negated.
https://extension.psu.edu/mareks-disease-in-chickens

Back
Top Bottom