My Chicken World is finally finished! Woo Hoo!!!!

ep.gif
This is amazing! Beautiful job on it!

Now can you come build one at my house, please? I would really appreciate it.
tongue2.gif

I am doing the chicken dance!! Just looking at your hen houses makes me H- A- P-P-Y!!! They are just wonderful!! They should be featured in a magazine. My DH has been working on me a hen house. It is not anything like yours but I love it just the same. My DH was raised in South Texas where his family raised 1000's of laying hens, turkeys, etc. It was nothing for them to have 80,000+ chickens at one time. Every morning he would have to go out to the chickens houses and work before going to school. He said it was nothing for him to smell like chicken poop all day. Then, when he came home he would have to work till dusk in the chicken houses again. The last thing he wanted were chickens at our house. WELLLLL...to make a long story short.....I have always wanted chickens...had fond memories of my Grandma's chickens....bought a cheap coop for $20 off Craigs list....worked but not so good to look at....bought 11 chicks...for Mother's Day my DH bought me an 8 x 10 quick shed....not really quick.....built it on his weekends off....turned out great....I found out how much my DH really loves me when he built it for me cause chickens just weren't on his list of things he wanted before he leaves this world....but....I have caught him numerous times...talking to...feeding...and watching them. He only had one stipulation....No White Chickens.....that's what they had in his hen house growing up. I happly obliged. AGAIN....what a GREAT Chicken World your chickens live in. Have you hugged your HUBBY taday? I have.

....I found out how much my DH really loves me when he built it for me cause chickens just weren't on his list of things he wanted before he leaves this world....but....I have caught him numerous times...talking to...feeding...and watching them. He only had one stipulation....No White Chickens.....that's what they had in his hen house growing up. I happly obliged. AGAIN....what a GREAT Chicken World your chickens live in. Have you hugged your HUBBY taday? I have.

That's so sweet! We did not build our coops. I bought them from an Amish builder here in town. They are actually playhouses but he customized them for me into coops. They weren't cheap but if I add up the time and materials it would have taken us to build them, we got a deal! We did do the chicken runs though!

Our first chickens were Silkies. My husband looked at them, looked at me, and said, "These are chickens, right?" No ugly stuff at my farm! We finally have one laying and even though her eggs are bitty, my sweet man is just so happy to have eggs! I'm off to hug him right now. He deserves it!!​

LOVE YOUR PLACE! What a fortunate girl you are
bun.gif

Was curious about your chicken tractors - did you guys get those from your local Amish guys too? I'm in the market for tractors - and those look like they may meet my requirements - cute & easy to move! Any info you can share would be fabulous
jumpy.gif

BTW - We have an Amish built 2-stall barn for my "big" kids and they LOVE it!

Back
Top Bottom