My chickens act like...

dunnmom

Crowing
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
I thought it might be fun to start a thread about the quirky things our chickens do. For example, my Orpingtons act just like our labs sometimes, running underfoot, not paying much attention to spatial matters. I even have one who turns circles at my feet and jumps up to bump the container until I start scooping out their food. So funny, and kind of naughty! All of my hens stand at the front of the run watching every move I make in the morning until I feed them. Lol! Ok, your turn. What are some of your chickens' personality quirks, and do they remind you of anything else?

I'll just start with saying that all of my chickens are quirky! My Buff Orpington pullet, Pumpkin, is very jealous of me! If I am holding any other chicken besides her, she will follow me around, whining, of course!
Yesterday, I was holding Cookie (EE pullet) and I sat down so Pumpkin could sit in my lap also. Well, of course, Pumpkin began pecking Cookie until she ran off! And Pumpkin settled in my lap :lol:

This is Pumpkin:
IMG_7100.JPG

And Pumpkin's sister, Wilma, eat's my hair. Enough said. :lau (Well, she tries, at least!)
Wilma:
IMG_7072.JPG

Back
Top Bottom