My Chickens All Disappeared!

Lmao Jetblack you are hilarious. Glad your chickens are okay, and I'm a cat lover, but I'm also concerned and would want to do something if a cat was goin' after my chickens too.

I know someone around my house who traps cats that come in his yard and dig n' poop in his garden. He hoses them down and lets them go, he claims they never come back, but I really wouldn't know. Worth a try in my opinion. If she comes back after being trapped, just have your hose ready. hose her from your deck! Then she'll have nightmares of you and entering your yard. That's enough to keep her away right?
tongue.png

PS. I'd TOTALLY buy your book if you wrote one
smile.png

OH, and Trust me, my friends & family tell me I'm crazy all the time for the way I talk to my pets. I praise and cheer my chickens everyday when I get an egg from each one and no one is slackin' !! I practically throw them a congrats party (with words).

And as for the way I talk to my cats... Well... I get "the look" from just about any human around listening to my voice hit octaves they've never heard before.
smile.png

I think we all have that animal loving talk in us
smile.png

My brother once caught a cat that was doing it's deed on his truck tires. Once he caught it he put it in a metal trash can with the lid on, then he proceeded to bet the can with a baseball bat. When he let the cat out he has never seen it again. Now, knowing my brother and cats it's kinda amazing that he let it live.
hu.gif

Quote:
That's not crazy. That's normal... for people like us
smile.png
I feel your pain. Even dogs get embarrassed at how I act around them. You can see it on their faces. The dog is thinking "Oh lord... should someone be watching him? I guess it's ok this clown drives but should he be allowed to vote?"

When my chickens start laying I'm going to say "ATTA GIRL!" to every one that lays.

And THANK YOU! for saying you'd buy my book. When I write one, I'll let everybody know. The pressure's on. Now it has to be a good one.

Jetblack, I like your signature line, "Bad ideas make for great stories" Is that the preface to the annual publication of the Darwin Awards?
gig.gif

Chu So Funny! Chu teekle my Funny Bone!

When I was younger my grandmother had a problem with a cat bothering her chickens. She was set on a mission after number three came up injured, and number four was found dead and being gnawed by the cat.

The fifth night she set a burlap feed sack out there, handed a remote control to my father, and I thought to myself "How strange." My father and brother waited out by the coop like kids in a candy store, giggling uncontrolably until they were forced inside so the cat would actually come up. When she did, she had two raccoon friends with her. What was in the sack? A remote controled car. The noise it made was unreal to anything I'd ever heard before. It was like someone started a jet plane, blew it up, and pulled a zip-tie all at the same time. I do believe the two coons and cat entered another demension. No one saw them leave, nothing but fluff was seen. I didn't even see them run off, just the smoke in the shape of their bodies. That barn cat never did come back. Neither did the coons.

We laughed until we cried. It's harmless, and effective.

You may have a hawk problem. My chickens started dissappearing this winter. I went from 20 to 12 in no time. I finally figured out that a hawk was taking them. He would perch right on a tree limb above them and watch, then swoop down and grab them. No feathers, blood or anything. He also set on the pen fence and tried. My chickens run the yard but I had to put them up due to this hawk. It was the same one every couple of days. Now that it is springtime I haven't had any problems.

Update: I have caught two cats, in the live trap. Neither of them is the one I saw, at first.

Hosed them both down for about 25 seconds (12 seconds on a side, then turn), before opening the trap and letting them escape. Neither cat went home happy, but both went home alive. Let's hope that's the last I see of them in the yard.

Neither made any sound, while I sprayed them. Just ran back and forth so I could evenly distribute the water. Head. Tail. Left. Right. Top. Bottom. Then the wash cycle is done [DING]. Open the door and wait for another "load of cat", to wash.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I caught a cat last night. I thought about spraying it down but I was too tired to deal with it. I figured that since it stayed all night in it, that may be enough for it to never return-I know for a fact that I caught it at 11:30 last night. I thumbed my nose at it then went to bed. I would have loved to have been there to see you giving it a cat wash! Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom