My chickens are dying....

dave3003102

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 25, 2014
I have 13 in flock and till now 4 died, 5 isolated (showing symptoms) and 3 are freed for now. All have died with 12 -16 hrs of showing symptoms. Symptoms are like watery poop, very weak, fast fast breathing. This has happened so fast that I could not even take any decision. Gave them antibiotics, but didn't work. What it could be.
Dave

I have 13 in flock and till now 4 died, 5 isolated (showing symptoms) and 3 are freed for now. All have died with 12 -16 hrs of showing symptoms. Symptoms are like watery poop, very weak, fast fast breathing. This has happened so fast that I could not even take any decision. Gave them antibiotics, but didn't work. What it could be.
Dave

Where do you live...

There is Avian Flu outbreak in lower mainland British Columbia.... Could have come from migrating birds is the reason I asked, "Where do you live....."

Helping members solve their problems is easier if we know where you live.... Where you came from is of no help...

Last edited:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/avian-flu-outbreak-hits-british-columbia-farms-27336491

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ne-expands-to-4-fraser-valley-farms-1.2859354

"As avian influenza is highly contagious and can spread rapidly, it is possible that additional at-risk farms may be identified in the coming days."
An H5 influenza outbreak in B.C.'s Fraser Valley has led to the quarantine of four farms and death of thousands of chickens and turkeys. (Associated Press)
The avian flu outbreak killed more than 6,000 turkeys and chickens at the first two farms on the weekend.

If your flock has Avian Flu, or you think it might.... Call someone to stop the outbreak.....

Where do you live..... Where does your flock live....

Last edited:
I am really confused, don't know what to do. Till now what I have understood only the adult birds which are inter mating each other are effected of them 2 are rooster and 5 hen. Young ones are not showing any symptoms till now.

Back
Top Bottom