my chickens are not eating

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by dachknlady66, Feb 18, 2014.

1. dachknlady66

dachknlady66 New Egg

Feb 13, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have had my chickens for less than 24 hours. i have 3 RIR. They have feed and water but I have yet to see them eat or drink. Are they doing it behind my back lol! They don't really like me I think they are afraid of me cuz I clipped their wings. They just don't seem to be as happy and social as I thought they would be. Hmmm?

2. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Give them some time they will get used to you just keep and eye on how much feed is in there if you see that there is still the same amount that you had the day before then there not eating and when they don't eat or drink that usually means there sick but just check on them tomarrow and my chickens were the same way when I first got them but now they follow me right when I come out my front door lol

3. pdirt

pdirt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Eastern WA
    Yeah, they probably are just still in shock right now. A new home and clipped wings, both of which are stressful to chickens. Give them time or perhaps just sing to them a little now and then to see if that calms them down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by