My chickens chase my dog!

piercesdesigns

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I am very new to chickens. I have 4 about 11 week old Buff Orps. I love my girls. They love to come out and free-range in our yard.

Since my dogs are trained to not even look at my parrots I began letting the dogs out while the chickens were out. My extremely fluffy sheltie will be laying in the sun and Faith, my bossy little chickie will run up and pluck his hair out. So Bentley (Sheltie) will start running away from her and then the whole flock begins chasing him. It is hysterical!!

Is this really odd?

Last edited:
my chickens chase a barn cat. They puff up and chase him away. He comes back, but never touches them. Its really funny when two or three chase him at the same time. Poor kitty.

LOL! MY chickens do that too! The first thing they will do is try to peck at their shiny dog tags, but if they can't get it, the chickens will chase the dogs and the dogs will turn around and chase the chickens! LOL! SO funny! And NOW when I play fetch with my dogs the chickens run after them! It is SO FUNNY watching them run after the dogs, back and forth, back and forth!

Back
Top Bottom