My chickens dont really "zone out" at night?

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
Is this becuz they are in the house, and I am usually up half the night?

They sleep a bit, and even if I turn on a small light in the hall, they will get up, stretch a bit, eat some, then go back to sleep, or if I am cookin, they peer over the box to see it if looks like its a snack they want too. Anyone else? Since I am inclined to 2 am snacks, this happens a lot.

Spoiled chickens!

Hubby has switched back to second shift now, and my chicks WERE used to sleepin in when babies til 10 am. NOW, since they got used to him doin first shift...we wanna get up at 6! Arghhh!
he.gif

Mine are the same way. I had to turn the dining room light out because they were fighting. When I turned the light out they calmed down and went to sleep. This first bunch of babies have got to go outside this week because they are really getting stinky even with changing their brooder out every couple of days. I even use the Sweet PDZ. They are about 4 weeks old so they are ready. The silkie babies are only a couple of weeks old so they can stay a little longer.

jackie

Yeah, if you raise chicks inside and they get light all day long... it's really all day for them. So they just nap eat nap eat poop eat nap run nap poop poop sleep chirp all day long. It's fine though. Just later you'll have to wean them off light when you pop them outside.

Back
Top Bottom