My chickens have become aggressive towards my dog

Sep 7, 2018
What in the world.... I come outside every morning to let the dog out, and every single time there’s coop, running full speed at Bama (the dog) trying to attack him. This morning, she came running up onto the porch at him, and was met by the infamous broom to shoo her away. (I feel terrible about this, but I almost kicked her as a defensive measure) I had to take the broom and walk out into the yard to distract them so that he could do his business, and then those heathens started trying to peck my leg! Bama is trained not to attack them, but it’s getting to a point where if he did out of defense, I’d allow it. The weird thing is, their aggression is mainly first thing in the morning. What can I do to establish that he’s higher in the pecking order than they are?

What in the world.... I come outside every morning to let the dog out, and every single time there’s coop, running full speed at Bama (the dog) trying to attack him. This morning, she came running up onto the porch at him, and was met by the infamous broom to shoo her away. (I feel terrible about this, but I almost kicked her as a defensive measure) I had to take the broom and walk out into the yard to distract them so that he could do his business, and then those heathens started trying to peck my leg! Bama is trained not to attack them, but it’s getting to a point where if he did out of defense, I’d allow it. The weird thing is, their aggression is mainly first thing in the morning. What can I do to establish that he’s higher in the pecking order than they are?
Do your chickens free range? If not, try locking them up when Bama does his business.
Is he spending time around them all day or just when he’s outside?

Back
Top Bottom