1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chickens make SO much noise before and after laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Anya, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Anya

Anya Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2012
    Finally all three of my ladies are laying every day [​IMG]

How do I stop them laying so early in the morning - I'm sure the neighbours are getting upset They started at 5:50am this morning - it's now 6:50 and they are still making a racket![​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Theyre singing the happy song? I dont know how you can prevent this ! I dont recalled my chickens doing this maybe someone else knows ! Do you let them out of their coop? I feed them as soon the sun comes up .

3. K-9Dog

K-9Dog Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2012
    my 2 RIR's are very, very loud too. Surprised my neighbor's have not complained yet. and hope they don't in the future!

4. clogan98

clogan98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2012
    Redmond, OR
    oh no! I hope mine don't do that when they start laying! My neighbors are close too.

5. Anya

Anya Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2012
    I think I've worked it out - there's too much light getting in to their 'bedroom' - going to block out as much light as I can this afternoon and see if that makes a difference. I'm new to all of this - so please forgive my lack of knowledge! Anyway, I got 3 beautiful brown eggs this morning. Saffy, Patsy and Edwina (Australorps) were hatched on the 12th of April. Saffy has been laying every day for the past 3 and a half weeks. She always nests and lays in the vase in the photo - crazy chicken!

6. juliefarms

juliefarms Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2012
    Let us know if it helps!

7. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    You probably figured it out - about the light. My girls coop is in a very protected place with several trees, privacy fence on one side and storage shed on the back side so even when I open their coop door at 7:00 in they morning, they don't usually come out until 7:30-7:45.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by