My chickens wont stop pecking each other!!!! :/

Make sure they have atleast 2 square feet of sleeping room... and more for the run space so they can roam a little
I do provide them with space to sleep but they have taken to sleeping on top of the food and water unfortunately and I believe they fight for space up there I've given them a roost but they don't sleep on it I spent 2 moths moving them their and they didn't even stay then.

Ok, third post of the hour!

One of my chickens is being abused by their fellow chickens in her coop. I'm not quite sure if it's worse or better than it was but any help is much appreciated. She used to have a ring of feathers missing around her neck, unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture. Now she has a hole in the back of her neck (not a real hole!!) of missing feathers. I'm really worried she might get pecked at to death but I'm not sure if this is the other chickens way of saying they're starting to leave her alone or trying to kill her. Any ideas on how to stop it? I looked further at her feathers on her neck by lifting them a bit and they seem damaged (compared to the other chickens) at the root too, not just the top layers. The pictures are not very good and don't really show much but they don't like to hold still.

View attachment 2486455View attachment 2486456View attachment 2486457View attachment 2486459 (here are some photos hopefully it's obvious which one I'm talking about because I don't know how to specify :p )
Increase protein and calories I use scrambled eggs and live worms of any kind

I do provide them with space to sleep but they have taken to sleeping on top of the food and water unfortunately and I believe they fight for space up there I've given them a roost but they don't sleep on it I spent 2 moths moving them their and they didn't even stay then.
Is the waterer taller than the roost. They like to sleep taller if somehthing is higher than the roosts

Back
Top Bottom