1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicks are already spoiled

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pinebarrens, Mar 7, 2016.

1. pinebarrens

pinebarrens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    south NJ
    We've only had them for 10 days. Normally we let them out of the brooder a couple of times a day, and one more time in the evening before bed. Tonight we had something going on and couldn't let them out. When I came into the room where they are just now, they all crowded up against the door of the cage as soon as they saw me. I started dimming lights to let them know it's bedtime and they were NOT HAPPY. They're still complaining loudly about that five minutes later. So much cheeping, my son could hear them from his bed and wanted to know what was wrong with the chicks.

Silly birds.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Chickens are creatures of habit.

3. andrea2chicken

andrea2chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2016
    oklahoma
    Wondering if that is why mine are being loud due to the rain I could not trap the dogs outside usually I let em out during the day then in the evening when the hu by get home but not today. But they were just moved into a larger brooder and daddy is bringinger them a surpise

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by