My chicks are here, my chicks are here!

Rustic Chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
OK, so I know this may not be too exciting for most of you seasoned chicken mom and dads, but this is our first set of chicks and I am over the moon excited (and addicted and in love). They arrived yesterday from MPC (who by the way have been nothing but fabulous). Enjoy!

59376_chicks_3.jpg

59376_chicks_2.jpg

Last edited:
very cute!

and i agree, that brooder looks amazing! how long did it take to make that!? i'm inspired!

what kinds of chicks do you have and what inspired you to get them!?

Thanks so much for the brooder compliments! It was really easy to make, took about and hour and only cost around $40 or so to make. It is 4x4x2 to accommodate 8 chicks at a time (2 sqft/chick). It actually has an open bottom so that we can move them outside for a bit on grass when they get bigger but still have them contained and protected. So far it has worked out great. We will just store it above the coop until we are ready for another brood.

We have 3 Australorps, 3 Barred Plymouth Rocks and 2 Speckled Sussex. We decided on those because of their reported great dispositions and good egg laying abilities.

Have a great day everyone!
Jennifer

love.gif
the brooder really nice job. Never enough pics of cute fuzzy babies!! Yours are very nice!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom