My chicks don't like me:-(

Just a guess...but you can buy both alive and dried mealworms..

think they prefer the live ones, but will like the dried ones as well..<----the guessing part

My flock loves raisins. They come running as soon as I open the front door because they know I always have some in my pockets.

We gave our chickens spaghetti tonight and they went nuts! It was a riot!
lol.png

Quote:
I have two Dominques and two Cochins and they go everywhere in pairs.

I place a small chair in the run or coop and pickup one of the chickens and it's best buddy will either 1) fly up on my knee to see what the other one is doing (Dominiques) or 2) run around squawking trying to find it's friend (Cochins). Either way, I hold and pet each one every couple of days.

I haven't tried placing two different breeds on my lap at the same time...next time. Likely, I will end up with three chicks in my lap and one running around squawking...

My friend showed my how to hold them with the legs and feet pointing to the ground and they seem very happy in that position (kinda like roosting but with legs extended).

Good luck,

Hugh

You can get the mealworms at Petco, Petsmart or probably any other pet store but they can be expensive. They charge around $3 for 50-100. You can get them in large quantities from this supplier:
http://www.thenaturesway.com/index.php which can be less expensive and you can keep them in the fridge; there are instructions on their site on keeping them alive.

Quote:
Geeze, I can see getting up in the middle of the night, sleepy, just wanting a little snack, go to the fridge-mmm what's in this container.....

Back
Top Bottom