My chicks have finally accepted me

LuckysMom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
South Carolina
I've been kind of bummed because the 8 new chicks I got were not very friendly. They were kind of afraid of everybody. Well, I am happy to say that yesterday, I was sitting in a chair in the chicken pen holding one in my lap, and the others started to get curious and fly up to see what was going on. They flew to the arm of my chair, then onto my shoulder, lap, etc. Pretty soon I had all eight on my lap, snuggling down together to take a nap. It was so cool! They did the same thing today, and they are starting to run to the door when they hear me coming. I guess they finally figured out who provides the food!
bun.gif

They are about 4 weeks old. They are all mixed breed bantams. I got them from a man in Whiteville, NC. I found him by listening to the swap shop on a radio station out of Tabor City. He had a brooder full of chicks from a day to a week old. I picked out eight of them to bring home. He was a really nice guy, and he had lots of interesting birds in his coop, several kinds of chickens, some peacocks, some doves and pigeons.
I'm glad you like my quote! An interesting fact about the man I bought the chickens from is that he told me he has a brain tumor, and the doctors can't believe it has shrunk from the size of an egg down to less than a pea from just a couple of treatments. He credits the "Great Physician" and was delighted to give his testimony. I really liked him and his wife.

We live near Myrtle Beach. I teach school too - First Grade. In fact, that's what got me started on this chicken business...I decided last spring that it would be a great idea to hatch chicks in my classroom. It was a resounding success, the kids loved it!

Back
Top Bottom