My chicks think my tattoos are food?!?

Quote:
We have a rule in our family, we don't eat things that have names. This is our standard response when people ask what we're going to do with our hens when they stop laying. Uh...they're pets, they have names, they're not food.

Anyway. I think I need to figure out how to explain this to my chickens. We don't eat things that have names. I HAVE A NAME!!!
lol.png
Even if my name is only "The food lady" or "The big weird looking chicken that brings treats."
big_smile.png
Those are still names.

One of the chicks, Minnie - a silkie, went after the end of one of my pigtail braids the other day. I was holding her, she looked at it for a couple seconds, I told her it wasn't food, she bit it anyway and gave it the normal shake, shake, shake. The hair got her in the face, she freaked out and jumped from my arms squacking and flapping all over the place. I couldn't help but laugh. Poor girl was viciously attacked by a pigtail and doesn't know that she can't fly.

My husband has a little bit of rope burn between his toes from wakeboarding over the weekend...not sure how that happened....but he learned that rope burn on your toes + flip-flops + chickens = bad news. No idea how they found the rope burn, but apparently it looked like a wonderful snack. Crazy chickens!

Mine will go after my ankle tattoo, moles, and painted toenails. One loves to jump on me and make her way up to my shoulder. She tried to peck my eye yesterday. Glad I saw it coming and turned my head. I guess that shiny eyeball was too tempting. A couple of months ago, one of the more aggressive girls grabbed my lip as I was bent over petting another one. I don't trust them.

i get a fair bit of amusement whenever we get a visitor with nail polish on their toes and open shoes on, one look at their feet and i know we'll be sitting outside for a coffee
smile.png

Quote:
can't help but laugh about this now whenever it comes up but one of ours did something similar when my girlfriend had a blood blister on one of her toes. she had her feet up outside and this one girl vera with a bit of an attitude walked up to her and gave it a good peck. anyway end result was a burst blister, a fair bit of yelling and vera being in her bad books for a while...

I went back to let the girls out one morning about 8 days after having a knee replaced. I had a nice row of bright silver staples keeping the incision closed. Silly me.

Mine love my ankle tattoo too! And they also love my painted toenails and my bright colored rain boots. Come to think of it...they think everything is peckable!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom