My Chikens are Getting Attack by a bird

Lottux

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
Well I have nine chickens and I started to Notice that there were some feathers of a chicken on a certain spot but the chicken was good (is a batham) so the next days I stayed near them to check what was happening and I saw a bird attacking them I'm sure it was no eagle but it look grey and that it was trying to catch my chickens, for good I have two guinea chickens (kinda alarm chickens) they scared the bird away with their sound but idk what to do if some other bird comes by and try to catch a chicken so any ideas of how can I make that bird go away?

hello @Lottux , welcome to BYC :frow

There are quite a few different aerial predators that will try to take chickens, for example goshawks, so you could narrow down what is trying to get yours by finding out what raptors live locally to you.

It's hard to make any of them go away, but you can deter them from striking in your patch by hanging very visible wires across open areas, and some people add old CDs and other shiny or colourful things that move easily in the wind.

hello @Lottux , welcome to BYC :frow

There are quite a few different aerial predators that will try to take chickens, for example goshawks, so you could narrow down what is trying to get yours by finding out what raptors live locally to you.

It's hard to make any of them go away, but you can deter them from striking in your patch by hanging very visible wires across open areas, and some people add old CDs and other shiny or colourful things that move easily in the wind.
Thanks that's a pretty good idea

Back
Top Bottom