My Christmas Trees #2 of 10

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Yesterday I showed you the 'pink' tree.

Today I am showcasing the 'blue' tree in my stepdaughters bedroom on my blog.

This tree is decorated in blues, purples and silvers with some extra special ornaments tucked into its branches.

Come have a look-see.

http://bigredcouch.com/journal/

I love comments. Please leave one. I do respond on the blog.

Looks as wonderful as the first!

Okay Prissy, I told you that you inspired me! But now I have a sort of problem that I need your help with. Well, yesterday I descided that I would do a Spring cleaning in each room, from decluttering to wiping walls and baseboards and as I complete each room I would put up a tree. I began with my Son's room and had prepared a table to put a table-top tree. I was going to do a "Alabama College Football" theme.

Sometimes things do not work out as we plan.

When I explained why all his things were rearranged, the Christmas thrill was on...the children talked their Daddy into bringing out the big tree for the living room. All the while, I'm protesting!!!! I haven't done the deep cleaning in that room (I planned on shampooing the carpets before that was done) well, Daddy bent over and wispered in my ear that he made an agreement with the kids that he would bring the big tree in if they agreed to go to grandma's house after school so we can begin our Christmas shopping. The tree WILL be put up without shampooed carpet. But, in the midst of unpacking the large tree the children found two tiny, tiny trees that I use in our bathrooms. Colton (Son) begged, begged me to let him put that tiny tree in his room. Sometimes, it's just not worth the fight, so I agreed.

Here is Colton, with his tiny tree that brought him such joy as he crawled into bed last night with the lights as his night-light.

Now, MissPrissy, do I settle with the tiny tree that he is so proud of....or simply add the tree to the room that I've planned, for a total of two trees?

15761_coltonstree.jpg

It looks so....dinky!

Claudia

Perhaps you can suggest the tiny tree go to another place. If it creates an issue just add the other tree and chalk up to a concession made when you have young kids.

Before any tree goes in any room I make sure everyone understand exactly what we are doing and what goes where. I am not real good with going with the flow and letting the kids decorate my house.

Back
Top Bottom