My Coop De Ville

Miss Elle

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 14, 2013
The nesting boxes-there are 3.

The front with door for cleaning and window :D.

The roosting poles. I put chicken wire behind to catch droppings that will fall to sand for easy cleaning. I also may elevate and put under them a chicken hosp./brooder/broody breaker area.

Cleaning door behind roosts

Hen ramp

Way cute hen door :D

Run door.

All constructed and ready for stain.

And there she is!

The inside coop is 4x8x6.

The run is 8x12. I have will end up with 11 or 12 gals. This is just shy of the required space. I'm going to throw up some plastic corrugated board on the run walls for the winter so they will be a bit warmer and will head out for some much needed exercise and space.

I already want to extend the run...Either a fall or spring project?

FOOD/WATER:

This is my watering system. I used a 6 gallon bucket,
3/4" PVC,
2-90` elbows
LASCO 3/4-in dia. 90-Degree PVC Sch 40 Slip Elbow

and this valve
AMERICAN VALVE 3/4-in PVC Sch 40 Socket In-Line Ball Valve

for turning the water flow off and on and it also makes disconnecting easy for cleaning.

Here is the PVC extended with the water nipples ( found at amazon) in place. I drilled small holes and screwed them in and sealed them with silicone.

This is the bucket..I used a smooth/threaded coupler,
2 hose seals, one on either side and a threaded/smooth coupler on the inside and just tightened them together. I attached the valve to the coupler on the bucket with the 3/4" PVC. That is on either side of the valve.
I also have two gallon jugs that I froze with water inside and I put those inside the bucket with the water to keep it cool for the girls.

The Feeder:

This is one of my PVC feeders. 4" PVC with a double Wye, I put an end cap on top, easy to pull off for filling and on the bottom I used a smooth/threaded coupler with a screw cap.

I use the term coupler but may be inter changed for adapter too. I spent A LOT of time at Lowes and just played with the PVC until I got what I wanted and it made sence. Also..DON"T forget the glue!!!

My girls took to it right away..even the nipple waterers :D

I plan on capping the Wye too so I don't get rodents/predators during the night. I'm not sure how I am going to do that yet? I'm sure there is a "cap" for that :D

Last edited:
Thank you, I had fun building it. I am already planning on extending my run either in the fall or in the spring.

Last edited:
Eggcellent coop! May we see some interior pictures?
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom