My Coop Deal @ Lowes

Okay so now the picture works... but there's only a picture of the front.
rant.gif
Does anyone have any other views that would show the windows and other features? I'd still like to see one converted if anyone has done it yet.

It is a very cute coop. You'll have to add windows and seals to keep rain out. I'd say it's good for 3 standards, maybe 5 banties if they are allowed to free range or have a run. It is my most expensive and least practical coop. LOL It worked great as a brooder and eye candy vs the tractors + tarps.

Wow! Hmmm. I wonder how I would go about ordering in Minnesota? This would make a perfect coop for where I am at.(Right now converting a big wooden dog house into a coop.)

Quote:
I got one at the Maple Grove Minnesota Lowe's a few weeks ago. I got the last one there. The web site said they were out, but I called the store (I gave them the product number from the web site and they searched on their store computer) and they had one in the clearance area.

Well, I guess it cant hurt to check around, you never know.
How much was it on clearance? Just curious!
smile.png

Quote:
I paid $149.
The Plymouth store had just *given* their floor model away to someone who ran a daycare. The Shakopee store was out.

They really are pretty cute. And I'm short enough I can stand up in it. The zoning for my suburb only allows me a very few hens anyway, so it is a good size for me. I plan to insulate the walls with styrofoam and cover that with campaign signs once the election is over. Those campaign signs are made of pretty tough plastic actually.

Quote:
Hey that's a good idea on how to insulate the walls for cold months. I know the campaign signs are made of Coroplast because it's what I use for my house bunny condo (easy to clean and cheap from a sign shop .. like 2.50 for a 4x6 sheet thereabouts... free even better!!!).

But what kind of styrofoam would you use? I'm thinking of a sheet like material I've seen for construction at home stores, but don't know what it's called. Is there a name?

I just got it at one of the Roseville, CA stores for $89! They are closing it out.

I saw a picture on one of these threads a month or so ago and someone had elevated the playhouse a few feet off the ground and put a ramp for their chickens going up to the door.

I hope it's not very hard to put together. Any tips from anyone who has assembled one?

11818_playhouse_coop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom