My Coop DeVille...

The system looks capable of supporting way more than just the 4 you are starting with if that pipe is a big as it looks. With water moving slow through the pipe different type of things can coat the pipe inside.
Oh, that photo is just a photo I pulled off of the Internet as an example of what we might do, and we'd do that on a much smaller scale. It's not what we currently have installed. Right now, we just have the 10-foot gutter that will fill the 55-gallon barrel, and then we'll put a valve on the bottom of the barrel and connect a hose to it to run to the inside of the coop into a watering dish or something like that.

I would use a single pipe on the vertical and then use a horizontal pipe at the bottom with the cups installed on that. That keeps the flow rate much faster and uses less pipe and expense.

I would use a single pipe on the vertical and then use a horizontal pipe at the bottom with the cups installed on that. That keeps the flow rate much faster and uses less pipe and expense.
I agree. That makes a lot more sense. The photo I pulled off the Internet is a bit odd, to be sure. I think an upside down "T" configuration would make more sense for the number of chickens we'll have. We have room for more, but this is all very new to us. We haven't had chickens before, so there is a bit of a learning curve for us.

Back
Top Bottom