My Coop is finally done! YAY!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CountryBumpkin2011, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CountryBumpkin2011

CountryBumpkin2011 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Aurora, CO
    OK so here is my coop, I finally finished it...it only took about 3-4 weeks (I only worked on it a few days a week). I am really excited, I have NO construction experience so I am stoked I actually made it stand up lol. Its kind of hard to see but as far as ventilation - there are two vents and then there is also a large section of ventilation above the pop door right under the roof. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Great job! Cute little coop [​IMG] my only suggestion (one that you may hear again) is to change the wire to welded wire, or hardware cloth as chicken wire will not keep out raccoons or many other predators.

3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Really sweet coop and a darn good job with no building experience. I second the wire needs to be switched out and also secured many more times along each edge.

4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    great job [​IMG] what are the dimensions of the coop?

5. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Great little coop. Ditto on the chicken wire replacement or adding a sturdier wire like welded wire over it. Use better fasteners than the staples shown as well. Shouldn't take much to make it way more secure. Good luck.
    Erik

6. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    [​IMG]

Only thing I can see is missing is the chickens. lol.

Cute coop.

I agree on the stronger wire issue. I used welded wire from a farm supply store I don't remember the guage but it is much heavier than what Home Depot sells. It also came in a 6 foot high roll.

Does the window open? Mine LOVE to look out their windows. I put hardware cloth on mine and made the plexi so I can slide it into a channel in the frame for winter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by