1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. MarineCorpFarmr

MarineCorpFarmr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    Finally got a few pics of the coop and run. Had to do some major repairs and lose the largest part of the run thanks to our horses.... Right now they are all sharing the 16x16 under the chicken wire while we arent home & right now they will be staying penned and accounted for untill our npip testing is done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks great! I sure wish I had that much space! I look forward to more pics! Like mebbe the inside? [​IMG] Pleeeeeze!

3. MarineCorpFarmr

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    Inside is under construction (again) prolly be a day or two before Im done, then pics :)

4. Mahlzeit

Mahlzeit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Nice looking coop. How many birds do you have?

5. MarineCorpFarmr

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    The easy answer is alot. lol. I really dont go out there and count em. If i had to guess I would say about 50 total in the coop/run, and150 in the brooder right now. Ill have soild numbers on everything after npip testing.

6. MarineCorpFarmr

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    here ya go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took our other lay boxes out completely as our girls wont touch them. Once we get moved the permanent boxes will be built out off the back. Cannot add them pre moveunless i want to pony up about a grand in oversize permits, which i dont. lol

ill add some more pics if i can sneak a few off while the hens sleep tonight -J

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  7. MarineCorpFarmr

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    some of the pics aint the best but they seem to love the new layout of the coop :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, you have lots of birds. It's funny to see the turkey roosting near to the chickens. [​IMG]
    They have lots of roosting space.

Are all those hens trying to use the three nesting boxes?

9. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Nice coop makes for a happy flock and you sure have proved that! They have plenty of room, that's for sure. An even nicer assortment of chickens and turkey! Looks like you're doing a great job! Thanks for sharing.

10. MarineCorpFarmr

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    As of right now they are. We had a 12 hole aluminum lay box in there, cept they all think its a poop box, not a lay box :/ I put all 8 eggs from yesterday in the boxes that we left in there, maybe just maybe they will get the hint. Normally i have to watch were i walk since they have been layin in the beddin (horse beddin pellets)

-J

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by