My coop

NewToFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Millersburg, PA
I never did get to show you guys what I ended up deciding on doing for the big coop for my chicks. I decided to convert one of the stalls in the barn into the coop. I think it has worked out well and I can do more to winterize it when that time comes. The stall is approx 25 x 25 x 15 high and they have tons of room so each has their own space.
wink.png

7ab91a13.jpg

db3f0e41.jpg

6bbbdf2f.jpg

75dfab31.jpg

06475950.jpg

a41cc8b4.jpg

ccc47997.jpg

Well, I am actually up to 28 chickens now.
big_smile.png
I just got 2 new orp's today. I had just gotten done cleaning it up so most left the coop. I let them free range during the day.

None of mine are old enough to lay yet so I don't know if they will fall out or not as of yet.
wink.png
But I have been thinking about that also and what to use on the crates for a lip if it will be needed. I am not even sure if the girls will use them so I did put a few other nesting boxes out in addition to them. I just put in a wooden nest box, dish pan and also a crate standing upright filled with bedding. I am hoping when the time does come for them to lay, I will know which type they will prefer to use. The Orp's I just got are the oldest at 3-4 months old, I am not sure if any of my silkies are hens yet (They don't act like it) but they are about 4 months and then I have 22 nine week olds. I have a feeling once they start to lay, I will have eggs coming out my ears!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom