My Coturnix is limping

Dravus

Songster
6 Years
Feb 4, 2018
Lancashire, England
my little baby girl Quill seems to be limping for some reason...as she is my first bird I am rather protective and worried about her

I did a bit of reading around the place and noticed a bit of a trend towards left foot limping which seems to be the here with my baby girl too

I have noted that she's not been drinking properly either which is likily due to the replacement drinker (she has used it since installing it regularly...just not recently) so I put her old drinker back in to give her something to drink along with a dose of liquid Calcivet (her calcium intake is rather bad at the moment...she doesn't seem to eat the crushed osyter shell regularly either)

I am just a worried bird dad because she is my eldest bird and is a complete sweetheart (seriously...she never makes a peep about being handled and headbutts my hand when I go to pick her up)

any advice from the flock here would be grateful

does she maybe have bumblefoot? or can you see anything on her leg/foot?

I know for certain she doesn't have bumblefoot as I regularly muck out her cage on a daily basis to keep her sand clean and free of comtaminants....any poop that gets stuck to her foot I clean off by hand to be sure she's safe from that kind of infection

Hi, I am curious if you're quail's health has improved. I stumbled upon your post after trying to figure out why my quail has a limp as well.

Hi, I am curious if you're quail's health has improved. I stumbled upon your post after trying to figure out why my quail has a limp as well.

yeah my little girl has recovered since I last posted here...it's likily she just mistimed her jump up to the wooden platform that holds her water supply away from the sand.

she normally either jumps up just fine to walks up the ramp if she doen't feel like jumping.

Back
Top Bottom