my crazy quails are tame after i gave them a bath? WHAT GIVES???

Quail normally dust bathe, so I would also not bathe them too often. You could probably get away with it once in a while, provided you keep them in a draft-free area and they get dried off real good. If they like it that much, it shouldn't hurt them too badly to have a bath once in a while.

I would keep a small bowl of sand in their pen so they can dust bathe regularly. This will also help them keep clean and itch-free, believe it or not
smile.png

they have a place to dust bathe, but the chickens like to full their crops up on the dirt. they'll be getting sad as soon as it dries, and later on this month they'll be outside in a pen on the good days.

yeah, i didn't think it was a good idea to bathe them regularly, only when they get pretty nasty, which i don't think will happen given their current, clean living conditions.

smile.png
i'm just glad they've calmed down alot. i just saw the ones i sold at a children's carnival. they were in a petting zoo chilling out with chickens, rabbits, pygmy goats and a piglet. the chickens there used to be mine too! i really trust the lady who bought them, she is excellent with animals!

Quote:
i used a blow drier and they loved it! i like watching them dust bathe but all i have at the moment is potting soil, and the chickens over-eat it for some reason. i love watching them dust bathe! the button quail seems to enjoy it much more than the others. he'll bury himself almost completely and fluff up and take a nap.

Quote:
they are 4 coturnix. 3 A&M and 1 pharoah. and there are the two silver phoenix chicks (chickens) and the tiny little button quail.

i just love them! the chickens i think need more room right about now. when i open the door they jump out, running around and flapping. the quails don't ever seem to want to jump out though. the little button quail is the most tame of the bunch. i got the coturnix to eventually eat them but now i'm not so sure. we needs more birds!

hopefully next year i'll have guineas, pheasants, ducks, turkeys and perhaps some caged birds. and maybe some geese.

i love our birds!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom