my crowing cock causing a problem helllllllp

jollyjust

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
my cock is lovely looking but a noisy sod, i live on a estate, my neighbour has been blasting her music out so i asked her to turn it down today, i work nights and it bangs and vibrates my bedroom floor, well anyway she said i lost respect for her sleep, so she lost all respect for mine, she said that my cock crows all night and all day.... would like to add this is a lie, he starts at half 5, he goes in to his coop at night,,, she always said she didnt have a problem so y start complaining now, how does my crowing cock make me loose respect for her? she ok when she takes my eggs and bedding from me for her own animals, my dogs bark more than my cock to be honest, oooo, i couldnt see arfur in a pot, o yeah she even named him, arfur doodle, can some one give me some advice or just even make me laugh about the situation,
cheers xx

bummer! have no advise for you, but similar situation.
My neighbor's daughter is convinced my roo is outside her window ever AM crowing. It's impossible because I don't let them out of the coop until a bit before 7. She goes on to say that they annoy her and such, but they really aren't that noisy. her parents have come by and I have tried to tell tham it's not my bird, but they insist!
If he was being a problem to the neighbors I would take care of it, but he's not. AND their dog is constantly on the loose chasing my birds, knocking over trash cans and even has chased some other neighbors girls back inside their home.

I can't imagine the neighbor can hear your rooster THAT much! How much property do you have? I have heard a rooster wont crow if they are in a coop with not much light until you let him out. Dont know if that is true. Might want to consider making him a "night box".

Last edited:
My guys start crowing around 5:30 AM. However, I can hardly hear them. If their crowing doesn't wake any of us up (me, husband, three kids), the neighbors can't hear them.

The next door neighbors are twats. They have a parrot that squawks so loud that it sounds like he's in our yard. You can only hear him during warmer weather, though (open windows). I think that's why they haven't complained about the chickens (they're allowed in our area), because we'd complain right back about the stupid parrot.

I have a fan going in my room to block outside and inside noise. It does a great job. I don't even hear Chester the molester until I want to. A friend gave him to me as he was getting picked on and wouldn't have lived long so she gave him to me. It took a few days for him to get his legs under himself but once he did he is an awesome roo. He is protective of his harem and chased the other 3 brain sharers til I could put them in the freezer. We called him Michael Jackson at first because he warbled like he was trying to sing but as he was doing his duty sooo well we renamed him Chester the molester.
He ain't real pretty but he works for me!
justachick

Back
Top Bottom