My custom cartons!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by werecatrising, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Malpower

Malpower Songster

Jan 12, 2009
    Kentfield, California
    Just had to jump in here -- have been working on egg cartons and labels this past week -- just recently got some wonderful labels from ADozenGirlz and here are a couple of egg cartons that I've been happy with, featuring my new labels!

A new item with Eggcartons.com is this more oldfashioned paper pulp version for a dozen eggs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And so far these hexagonal shaped clear plastic six packs (think they're called Margarita-style) have been the sturdiest plastic I've bought so far, disappointed with other 6 packs that were very flimsy:

[​IMG]

but as you can see, they probably need a smaller roundish label so that's next on the agenda!

I also found a source for a sturdy 2x6 paper/pulp 6-split egg cartons at Eggboxes.com -- no holes on top, and room for a good sized label, look much like the dozen egg carton above - am awaiting shipment.

Labels and egg cartons -- what fun! [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I ordered from adozengirlz also, and here's what mine look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I LOVE the pink, green and brown color profile!! Thanks so much for the nice post!! [​IMG]

4. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Songster

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Yep my labels from adozengirlz are adorable. I'll have to get a pic.

5. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Sorry, dont mean to hijack your thread.

Quote:How well do you like the paper cartons? I thought about getting them, but got the plastic ones instead. How well do they hold up to you opening and closing them all the time?

[​IMG]

6. Malpower

Malpower Songster

Jan 12, 2009
    Kentfield, California
    Hi!

I like the new cartons a lot -- I tend to give away 6 eggs at a time and they're perfect, really sturdy and have held up really well. I open and close them a lot as I pop in new eggs -- only have 2 of 4 hens laying right now. I've used over and over again, both dozen and half dozen cartons, and only problem is that many people haven't returned the cartons! I have to remind them please don't throw them out! The plastic boxes seem to crack and break fairly quickly compared to these. Here's a picture of the newer smaller boxes. They come as two six packs connected which are easily pulled apart, or kept together of course if you prefer a dozen together. Easier to store in refrig too!

[​IMG]

7. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Songster

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    [​IMG]

These are mine that I made for myself, nothing fancy, but cute. I would like to purchase some new cartons, but for now using recycled. Oh, and it would be nice if my hens would start laying. LOL!

PS=I have since dropped the extra AND in the wording. It is two separate sentences now. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    Well i just ordered mine from ADozenGirlz can not wait to get them also i will post a pic when i get them in

9. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Thanks, countrygirl911! Do post a photo on your egg cartons when you get them!!
    [​IMG]

10. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    i sure will post a pic going to order my cartons in the next day or two when hubby gets paid again becasue we just ordered 8 new baby chicks out of this last paycheck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: