1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Hey,

My dad has been having a lot of trouble with his stomach lately. His stomach has been hurting him off and on for the past month. Today he ended up going to the doctor. They said they are pretty sure that he has acid reflux syndrome. They gave him some medicine for the acid reflux syndrome. If that doesn't help, they are going to have to do some kind of test to see what else the problem may be. I just wanted to ask y'all to pray for him. God has the power to heal anything.

Thanks for praying for him,
    Matt

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers and hugs!

3. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Prayers for your Dad and your family!!! [​IMG]

4. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Thanks y'all for praying for him. The acid reflux medicine hasn't helped. All the blood work has came back good, gall bladder and liver are fine. We do think we have found what might be causing all of this. Back this winter he got pneumonia and the dockets gave him Levaquin, after he finished taking the medicine, the pneumonia was still there. So the doctor gave him more. After that his heel started hurting, but he thought he had just hurt it working. Then he started having all the stomach problems. He was looking on the internet about the side effects of Levaquin and he has a lot of them. So anyone who is told to take Cipro, Levaquin, Floxin, Noroxin, ect. and any kind of fluoroquinolone don't take it. Here is some more information - http://www.fluoroquinolones.org/
    Please
    continue to keep my dad in your prayers.

Thanks,
    Matt

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Prayers for your dad.

6. Put him in my prayer box, Know just how he feels,you might ask him if red meat makes it worse, I know when I was diagnosed with diverticulitis they told me I could eat anything except nuts WRONG, WRONG, red meat really throws me, so I keep a fridge full of yogurt, and cottage cheese,You can tell someone that your stomach hurts but they have no idea just how much. [​IMG] marrie

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Your dad is not experiencing back pain as well is he?

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    sometimes men get indegestion and it's thier heart.

I'd get a stress test...I'm 35 and had a heart attack last month. It can happen.

prayers,
    gretchen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by