My Dark Cornish

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by xxIsabellaxx, Apr 2, 2011.

1. xxIsabellaxx

xxIsabellaxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    This is Carmel my Dark cornish she is going to be three in May. She's been incredibly broody ever since we had to put her sister, Butterscotch to sleep ( she was a Dark Cornish too). Is there any solutions for broodyness?

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Well, you could try shocking the broodiness out of her, I've read if you put her in a different coop(I don't know if you have one..) THat might work.. but she's cute![​IMG]

3. xxIsabellaxx

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:Thanks i don't have another coop. she lives will 12 other chickens though. [​IMG]

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Quote:Thanks i don't have another coop. she lives will 12 other chickens though. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Awesome! Well, goodluck with Carmel! [​IMG]

5. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    You could always just let her hatch all of your chicks for you, then let her raise them till adult hood. That will give her something to do besides being broody! [​IMG]

6. xxIsabellaxx

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:Thats the only problem i don't have any roosters.

7. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011

You could either buy a grown rooster off of Craig's list or order fertilized eggs.

8. xxIsabellaxx

Mar 31, 2011

You could either buy a grown rooster off of Craig's list or order fertilized eggs.

I'm told most of the time fertilized eggs are most likely to be roosters, and my property is too close to my neighbors.

9. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    not a problem. Let her sit on some fake eggs for a bit and order some pullet chicks. At night slip the pullet chicks under and take the eggs away. She will think the eggs hatched and hopefully adopt the pullet chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by