My daughters chicken died

tiffanysteve

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2016
Texas
So my daughter raised a hen from a chick she was only able to lay 3 eggs 3 days straight before a racoon got her. But during that time we keep the eggs cool. Once the racoon killed her we took one of the eggs to my mom's house hoping her chickens would sit on it. But the only time they would sit on it was to lay a egg then they headed back into the yard. she gets around 6 eggs a day. I took the egg home to incubate it and added the other two into the incubator. I'm not sure on how to count how many days along the first egg is since it sat under hens while they where laying eggs or do I start from the time I stuck it in the incubator. Thanks for any help I can get. I candled them and they look healthy.just don't know when the 18th day mark is.

So my daughter raised a hen from a chick she was only able to lay 3 eggs 3 days straight before a racoon got her. But during that time we keep the eggs cool. Once the racoon killed her we took one of the eggs to my mom's house hoping her chickens would sit on it. But the only time they would sit on it was to lay a egg then they headed back into the yard. she gets around 6 eggs a day. I took the egg home to incubate it and added the other two into the incubator. I'm not sure on how to count how many days along the first egg is since it sat under hens while they where laying eggs or do I start from the time I stuck it in the incubator. Thanks for any help I can get. I candled them and they look healthy.just don't know when the 18th day mark is.
have anybody done this before

have anybody done this before

So sorry your daughter lost her chicken to racoons
1f61e.png
. I lost 3 to racoons a year ago. I incubated and hatched some of the hens eggs, because my rooster was one of the chickens killed. I have a beautiful hen and rooster from that hatch. Start counting days from when you started incubation. Good luck with your hatch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom