My Dizzy Girl Daisy...after dog attack

atruxall

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2022
New years day 2022, my three pet geese were attacked by a dog that broke into our yard. We have fences and wire, and had no issues for a year prior. However.....This dog killed 2 of my sweet babies, leaving only one, very hurt with little hope for survival. Yet she did live. We are 30 days into her recovery, and have a farm vet that is helping up, though he is unsure about geese. Daisy, our sweet girl, has come a long way, but as of late she has started to act drunk, not able to walk or stand without falling over, she also has red streaks through her normally orange bill. Shes eating and drinking, but unable to stand today. I called the vet hes suggested she has a blood infection, and Ive started her back on antibiotic. has anyone else had dizzy goose issues after recovery....I just want whats best for my girl. Please help.

It sounds like infection. Puncture wounds an inject bacteria deep into tissues, and this bacteria may now be raging in your goose. So getting her on an antibiotic is first.

Hydrating her and keeping her glucose up is next. Put sugar in her water. If she isn't drinking, you need to syringe or tube water into her.

Same with food. Are you up to tube feeding? Your vet can give you a tube feeding kit. A vitamin B complex could help, as would vitamin E. So I would give her those each day.

Welcome to BYC. I am not going to be any help. I just wanted to say, that I am so sorry for your losses, and wish you and your girl the best.

It sounds like infection. Puncture wounds an inject bacteria deep into tissues, and this bacteria may now be raging in your goose. So getting her on an antibiotic is first.

Hydrating her and keeping her glucose up is next. Put sugar in her water. If she isn't drinking, you need to syringe or tube water into her.

Same with food. Are you up to tube feeding? Your vet can give you a tube feeding kit. A vitamin B complex could help, as would vitamin E. So I would give her those each day.
She has a good apatite, and drinks, no problem, if anything she seems like she cant get enough to eat. She is on antibiotic, and I just started her on niacin, as she isnt getting out side and taking in much soil or grit to aid in nutrient absorption and digestion.

Back
Top Bottom