My dog has Diarrhea :( help!

Thanks everyone, she is up to date with her shots.
She likes to eat rocks when we aren't looken, and she threw up a few. (Small ones)
I was hoping that it would clear up on it's own, she doesn't feel fevered and she want's to eat, even begs for her food. She is getting plenty of water.
If she doesn't feel better by Thur I will call the vet. I was just hoping it was the food, we don't feed her much people food, but at the camp ground a few people tossed her food before we could say no, and who know if anyone fed her while we weren't there!!!
I might try the pepto or something in the morn, I don't have any one hand. The yogurt too.

Thanks again,
Brenda

you know there must be something in the air, my yellow lab is doingt he same thing, started Mon. He i s now on an antibiotic flagell sp , in humans it causes diarreha but stops it in dogs,
roll.png
the antibiotic kills the bacteria that is causing it, he is doing better today, I have fed him only white rice and bread, vet did say that yogurt was good and hamburg and chicken with no fat. He has an appitite and carrys his bowl everywhere lol

"We went on a camping trip "

big clue that it could be Giarda . if she is still having diarrhea today you should get her tested. Your vet will have you bring in a fresh fecal sample. Keep in mind this is zoonotic and can be passed to humans via fecal-oral, so wash your hands, keep the yard clean, etc.

meantime withhold food for 24 hours. For 3 days after that, do a bland diet, either with a commerical food from your vet, OR a mix of steamed rice/lowfat cottage cheese OR steamed rice/boiled white meat chicken. Then slowly start mixing in the dog's normal food with the bland diet over a couple days.

What breed is your dog? Some breeds (collie related) cannot have pepto bismol because they might have a gene which causes them not to process it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom