my dog is trying to kill us

I understand you did not post for advice. So this is not advice for you but a general comment regarding crate training. As we humanize our pets they become increasingly more challenging and less pleasurble to have around. I have seen more people get rid of dogs, send them to the pound or have their homes destroyed as a result of them visualizing themselves in the crate. My dauhter and her husband have a lab that has cost them fortunes in home destruction and still refusal to crate train. Lets remember that the canine species is a denning species and small confined spaces are very natural to them. Of course there needs to be common sense about how it is done, but it is doing the dog a favor. So dont crate train it is of course your home and your property, but I assure everyone that it serves the dog and the owner in the long run. Sorry if this is hijacking a thread, but dont understand the refusal to use a crate to everyones good.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I can see that you don't want to crate her~understood~ She'll do great to be given expectations and being able to meet them!Maybe to keep your family, home and her safe, you might consider an excersize pen. Give her a kong w/peanut butter or cheeze whiz and a soft toy and let her stay contained! Just while you leave or do chores.
She will associate the great treat with it and could just love it!

Dag on hound dogs and their noses! It gets them in trouble every time! I had a basset houd that was the same way growing up! we had to crate her for her own good when we were gone!

I bought a beagle from a man who raised them for hunting cottontails

He told me,, a good day's hunt is if you come home with your dog.. how true that turned out to be..

I firmly believe that a beagle goes deaf after he gets 15 feet way from it's owner..

Quote:
Wow. That's something.

I thought my JRT learning how to snooze my alarm was bad (no, seriously, he's a runt and sleeps on the bed, so once in a while if he doesn't think it's time to get up, he'll walk over me, onto the night table and hit the snooze with his nose!). I also had a Fox Terrier who knew how to open the fridge.

I hope you don't come home to a 'hot-dog' well-done one day
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom