My Doodle Do, A breakthrough!

Auntbeast

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Rabun County, GA
My Light Brahma rooster has been fairly indifferent to me and has much preferred the company of my pygmy goats. He has been known to take a ride on them.

Well, I got my coop and run completed yesterday and finally found the battery to my camera and headed down to take pics. I was eating a biscuit and snapping some shots. He came right over to me. Strange, he doesn't do that. I drop him some crumbs and it is official, he is a southern chicken. He loved the biscuit so much, he was even eating it out of my hand.

I start taking pictures. I swear, he started modeling. He has never preened and puffed so much in his life! It was like he was born in front of a camera, I couldn't get a bad shot. Left, Right, front, wings up, head cocked, he was doing everything! The only problem, he was moving a little too much. Heck, he even crowed!

I moved to get some better pics of my girls and he came along behind me and pecked my leg. I sat down and he stayed right next to me, preening and primping his little heart out. I honestly don't know if he has a crush or is just a camera-whore. It was surreal, he NEVER has gotten that close to me. When I left, he followed me along the fence and stared after me as I went up the hill.

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

Why didn't anyone tell me how cool roosters are?

I really have no idea how he stands up to other LB Roos. I bought him off craigslist. He was a hatchery chick. I happen to think he is quite the looker and very smooth with the ladies. I keep telling him to be patient, he'll have more women than he'll know what to do with. Maybe he thinks the pics were for a dating site?

Too funny. I have a SLW roo that is a camera hog. If he sees the camera come out, he comes running. Usually though he'd rather be behind the camera watching the pictures as they pop up on the little screen. He LOVES that. Your boy is gorgeous. My daughter begged me for a Brahma, and when I placed my order to Ideal back in May I let her get one. She chose a Dark Brahma though. We won't know for awhile yet if it's a pullet or roo, but whatever it is, it's a beautiful baby, and very sweet natured. You should go out to the coop armed with biscuits and the camera more often, maybe he'll become your best friend!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom