1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My dorking Hen Is Mean

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BirdBoy88, Jun 6, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I have 1 Dorking Hen and 1 Dorking Rooster

I braught the hen as a chick last summer at the flea market and now she's laying.. i got the rooster about 4 months ago and they stay out in the yard and roost up at night i lock all my chickens up at night.. well anyways i didn't know my Dorking hen was laying till about 2 months ago when i spent the night at the farm house and when i got up i went out back to let the chickens out and a hour later after i let the Dorking hen out she came running out of a bush cackling and i found her nest it had 11 eggs in it..

well i knew they weren't fertile cuz she fights the rooster..lol
    everytime he gets close to her she fights him away and he is so scared of her [​IMG] and i wanted her to have some babies or at least lay fertile eggs for me to incubate but she wont [​IMG]
    and the funny thing about it is ( she wont let the Dorking rooster near her but she always trys to let the BIG RIR rooster mate with her.) lol and that rooster is like 5 times her size i watch them one day and the RIR rooster tryed to mate with her but he's so big he couldn't even stand on her..lol

2. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Are you sure that those eggs are not fertile. I would let her set them and see. She will be grumpy if ya mess with the nest. By the way most of us women like our men big and sassy.

Edited for spelling teach me not to go to bed at a decent time LOL

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

oh there not fertile.. i let her set and after a week they all were rotten

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by