My Drawings

Quote:
x 2 I agree, your talent needs work but you'll be a surberb artist if you work at it
thumbsup.gif

One thing you can do which will help you get those angles down is lots of figure studies. Take a simple human figure...say, a bunch of basic shapes (elongated oval for torso, circle for butt, rectangles for limbs, circles for joints...basic!) and replicate this many, many times over doing as many poses as you can imagine. Keep in mind that your figure can only bend at the joints (circles and junction between torso and butt). Also remember that the basic human face is essentially an oval, with a line from the center of the chin to the top of the head, and another middle line stretching clear across the face. That middle line will generally be where the eyes go. I found it helpful when I was starting out (and still today) to sketch these lines on my faces first, as they help accurately guide the placement and angles of stuff. As you grow more advanced, you can then slightly distort these proportions to suit individual anatomy.

You can take my advice or leave it. I've personally found these very helpful to my own work (and they benefit everyone, even pros). But for someone who is "not into art" you have general facial anatomy (placement of features) down quite well.
smile.png
I always found faces quite difficult.

Looking forward to seeing you progress!

Quote:
We have witnessed the emergence of new talent. )) I hope in the autograph, we will not refuse.)) These pictures are really good.

Quote:
Those are all very nice; you seem to have a wonderful start and are doing very good with shading and all the important details.
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
And I personally think that for a beginner artist, you're doing a very wonderful job so far. I agree that if you keep up the good work, you will improve a lot and be able to draw even more difficult images.
thumbsup.gif

As for tips, I just recently took an art class and one of the focuses in it was drawing the human face; eyes, nose, mouth, etc. It really helped me learn to draw important features; the lips were always difficult for me and so was the nose, and I kinda knew how to draw eyes already, but now that I learned the process of it all and how to make it look very realistic, it's much easier. It seems to me that you enjoy drawing people, especially faces, etc. If you take time to focus on certain parts, such as the eyes, the lips, the nose, etc...Then you will be able to use those skills to put them all together to create a whole face. Practice by starting on one object; such as the eyes. I think there are some websites about how the draw eyes to make them look realistic, such as how to do the shading, etc. If you practice on just the eyes until you master it and can easily draw them, then you can move on to the lips or nose and so on until you have all the features mastered, or at least know how to draw them better. That way when you go to draw a picture of another picture by looking at it, when you need to draw those features on the face, you will know how and you can use those skills that you have learned to draw the features in the position they are in. Practicing drawing the features from different angles will also help you.
thumbsup.gif

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Those are all very nice; you seem to have a wonderful start and are doing very good with shading and all the important details.
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
And I personally think that for a beginner artist, you're doing a very wonderful job so far. I agree that if you keep up the good work, you will improve a lot and be able to draw even more difficult images.
thumbsup.gif

As for tips, I just recently took an art class and one of the focuses in it was drawing the human face; eyes, nose, mouth, etc. It really helped me learn to draw important features; the lips were always difficult for me and so was the nose, and I kinda knew how to draw eyes already, but now that I learned the process of it all and how to make it look very realistic, it's much easier. It seems to me that you enjoy drawing people, especially faces, etc. If you take time to focus on certain parts, such as the eyes, the lips, the nose, etc...Then you will be able to use those skills to put them all together to create a whole face. Practice by starting on one object; such as the eyes. I think there are some websites about how the draw eyes to make them look realistic, such as how to do the shading, etc. If you practice on just the eyes until you master it and can easily draw them, then you can move on to the lips or nose and so on until you have all the features mastered, or at least know how to draw them better. That way when you go to draw a picture of another picture by looking at it, when you need to draw those features on the face, you will know how and you can use those skills that you have learned to draw the features in the position they are in. Practicing drawing the features from different angles will also help you.
thumbsup.gif

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!
big_smile.png

Thanks, your post was very helpful
smile.png
as of right now I'm struggling with the nose and mouth, but I watched this video on youtube on how to draw a mouth and it really helped
big_smile.png

You can't deny that natural talent. Practice!

I started working on a fine arts degree last year, but abandoned it to focus on my engineering degree (I know, I know.. two extremes.. somehow the engineering seems more practical to me)

Anyway, something I did pick up that helped me immensely was this: Don't try to draw the shape, focus on the shadows and highlights, and then refine the shape from those.

If that makes any sense.

Either way, keep it up.
thumbsup.gif

I liked this book best of all the texts they made me buy.

Nice! Add a kneadable eraser, and a smudge stick to your toolbox. Blend out all lines as there are no lines in nature, only edges. Use the kneadable eraser to lift the white back in on the light side after you blend. Use an eraser guard to make your images "Jump" off the paper by cleaning up to the dark side edge. You are on the right track just so long as you stick with it. Practice, practice and more practice. Feel free to ask me if you don't understand.
Thanks for showing us your talent.

Back
Top Bottom