1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My D'uccles started laying at 22 weeks :D I have fertile eggs :D

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I have three D'uccle hens and I went down to change their water for the day and what I seen on the floor of their coop were TWO very cute cream eggs! They were perfect. I'm checking to see if they are fertile today, they sure should be..he mates them every day. They are my first fertile hatching eggs I can sell/trade [​IMG] That makes me SO happy! I can now participate in the egg trade! [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hooray! [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

right before I left for work tonight there sat the THIRD one! They all laid their first egg on the same day [​IMG] Do you think they planned that?! [​IMG] We will see what I get tomorrow [​IMG] I hope I get three more!

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Very cool! I have a sweet D'uccle roo but no hens, trying to find a home for him so he can
    have some hens of his own. Congrats on your first eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by