My duck ate some avocado Caesar dressing

octaviadanza

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
Hello,
I’m not sure if this is an emergency or if I’m overreacting,
One of my ducks, Norma is diapered and sits on the couch with me sometimes. I made myself a fresh express avocado Caesar salad and made her a little one with just lettuce and cheese. We were eating together when she came over and took a piece of lettuce right off my fork that contained the avo Caesar dressing. I spoke to a vet and she said since it’s such a small amount she should be fine. I know how dangerous and toxic avo is to like every pet and I’m just seriously concerned. She doesn’t seem to be exhibiting any symptoms but I’d still like to get some advice from experienced owners. Thank you all in advance!!

Hello,
I’m not sure if this is an emergency or if I’m overreacting,
One of my ducks, Norma is diapered and sits on the couch with me sometimes. I made myself a fresh express avocado Caesar salad and made her a little one with just lettuce and cheese. We were eating together when she came over and took a piece of lettuce right off my fork that contained the avo Caesar dressing. I spoke to a vet and she said since it’s such a small amount she should be fine. I know how dangerous and toxic avo is to like every pet and I’m just seriously concerned. She doesn’t seem to be exhibiting any symptoms but I’d still like to get some advice from experienced owners. Thank you all in advance!!
The skin and pit of avocados are toxic -- the flesh is not, at least not in small doses. Your duck should be fine.

image.jpg

Hi, this is her poop now. Wondering if I should just keep an eye on her or if it’s an emergency. She’s eating drinking and acting normally still

Back
Top Bottom