My duck bit her gums..swollen outside of mouth

dkkirby

Songster
Aug 5, 2018
Atlanta
4 days ago I noticed that something was hanging out of my ducks mouth. I thought it was a worm. When I looked closer I saw that it was her gum. I put her in quarantine and used some colloidal silver on it. I repeated morning and night and it's been 4 days now. The swelling hasn't gone down enough I guess because she keeps quacking and it keeps irritating it. It seems there was a cut or something underneath her tongue in her gum. It seems to be healing up but the swelling is still not going down enough for her to close her mouth. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_111915315.jpg
    IMG_20210715_111915315.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 64
Is she able to eat and drink?
I figured it out the scab inside of her mouth that was healing turned into a bumble in her mouth like a bumblefoot on a chicken I got the edge of it up and it popped out with a core and there was a little bit left inside I got it out and put some colloidal silver on it

Is she able to eat and drink?
Yes
I figured it out the scab inside of her mouth that was healing turned into a bumble in her mouth like a bumblefoot on a chicken I got the edge of it up and it popped out with a core and there was a little bit left inside I got it out and put some colloidal silver on it

She be might need an antibiotic if she V had b a cut and it’s infected. Any chance V of a V vet looking at this?

4 days ago I noticed that something was hanging out of my ducks mouth. I thought it was a worm. When I looked closer I saw that it was her gum. I put her in quarantine and used some colloidal silver on it. I repeated morning and night and it's been 4 days now. The swelling hasn't gone down enough I guess because she keeps quacking and it keeps irritating it. It seems there was a cut or something underneath her tongue in her gum. It seems to be healing up but the swelling is still not going down enough for her to close her mouth. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom