MY DUCK CAN'T STAND or WALK, HER LEGS SEEM TO CRUMPLE

Pics
Update Her eyes are foaming and there is pus I have been letting her sit in sits baths she plays cleans her feathers. I threw some mealworms in her bath she nibbled on rhose. I have been using sterile saline solution. Rubbing her eyes gently with a clothe. the did not have Veterctin so I got a gel wound care it was te only thing I found. I have been putting it around her eyes. (Not in) I am taking a turkey baster with warm water and squirting it in her eyes to drain.

I am not sure how well I am doing. Her eyes are so hot to the touch. I called all the vets and non of them deal with birds. I did find a vitamin dropper for some kind of nutrients.
I bought some saline eyewash and rinsed my duck's eye out morning and again in the evening and it cleared up. I was told if this didn't work to next get eye antibiotic salve and put some in the eye.

Thank you for the welcome and your advice which was so very welcome.

I was able to find poulty vitamins and the fantastic news this morning is that she is back on her feet - I think it must have been the parasites. She is a little weak but is still eating and drinking well. I will keep her separate from the others today so I can monitor her and will bring her in again tonight.

Once again, thank you.
What did you give her that she is back on her feet? I have a 3 year old not walking after a year. Thank you for a reply. Susan

What did you give her that she is back on her feet? I have a 3 year old not walking after a year. Thank you for a reply. Susan
If it’s a leg issue it’s most likely low niacin
Durvet vitamin B complex
1ml a day
This can take weeks to see improvements depending how long she has been like this
It will say injectable for cattle but with ducks we give it orally
Either on a small treat or by syringe
Go one week longer after she is fully walking again
To prevent another issue start mixing nutritional yeast in the feed

Back
Top Bottom