My duck can't walk

kell1982

Hatching
Mar 11, 2016
Hi I'm new to this and would so appreciate people's feedback,
I have a duck well 22 of them I have lost a few they start of having trouble in walking then when I open the cage up in the morning she has died
1f622.png
It's heart breaking as I don't know what is causing this. Today my duck was dragging herself on the floor I have attached a picture I actually think at one point she was having a fit I have now separated her and kept her indoors tonight as she will get tramped on by the others and thought this is what could of killed my others!!
They are all female and are about 29weeks old. Any advice please?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sorry to hear you lost your girl :hugs I'm afraid I'm not a duck keeper but please do pop by the duck section as I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Wishing you the very best of luck, I hope you can get things better soon :fl

Ducks can also have a niacin deficiency - I don't know if they also get Marek's diseases like chickens. If you could get in touch with Miss Lydia(user name), she really knows her stuff about ducks.

welcome-byc.gif

Niacin deficiencies can cause some leg issues. The duck forum members can help you with ideas for adding it to their diet.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom