My duck didn't get snatched up after all!

That is too funny! Glad your little guy didn't go MIA for too long :) I'm still trying to figure what could've gotten to Penelope and what could've scared Pickles off for so long. I considered she could've been hurt by mating from our drake but I don't think I've ever seen him go after her, and he's usually not too aggressive (except when he gets around the chickens, they need to watch out). Penelope seems to be doing fairly well, considering her situation. She's still pretty active and alert, hanging out in the crate in the garage with some hay and electrolyte water and feed. I've been spraying some poultry spray on the wound all week but started using Neosporin today to help speed up the healing process. Sadly in our wrangling efforts to get all the ducks in the coop one of our brand new golden 300 hybrids ran off into the woods--she made an appearance later that afternoon but my blasted rooster chased her off and I haven't seen her since :( We aren't letting those guys out of that pen for the foreseeable future.
I am sorry your new duck disappeared. that is sad. Glad to hear Penelope is doing good. @bamachick86

Horrible duck luck so far! BUT I am glad my Pickles turned up safely. I just wish it didn't have to be a one for one kinda deal. I'd prefer them both to be home safe. We're only about 8 months into duck keeping so far so I guess we're doing ok overall considering we've only lost one.

Horrible duck luck so far! BUT I am glad my Pickles turned up safely. I just wish it didn't have to be a one for one kinda deal. I'd prefer them both to be home safe. We're only about 8 months into duck keeping so far so I guess we're doing ok overall considering we've only lost one.
Could it be possible that what got at Penelope got the other Duck?.....Yikes.......................

I hope you keep them locked in till this stops.........I love Ducks..My feathered puppies..

Cheers!

Did you go out and search for the Golden that ran off? Sometimes you can pick up a clue as to what happened.

Back
Top Bottom