My Duck eggs make me Physically Sick!

toletiquesbysam

Songster
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Nebraska
Last Sunday I made waffles and eggs, and by lunchtime I was throwing up and couldn't keep anything even water down. Yesterday I made eggs and bacon and toast, and again was throwing up by lunchtime. Both times, I used the duck eggs and I have to conclude that they are just too "rich" for my system to handle by themselves. I've used them in baking and not had a problem but I won't try eating them "over easy" again!!!
sickbyc.gif

My cousin had the same problem with duck eggs. Made her throw up. I haven't eaten any myself. But, I think they are a lot richer than chicken eggs, like you were saying.

We never ate them by themselves when I was growing up. My parents were told by someone that duck eggs are really rich so they never even messed with it, just used them for baking from the get-go.

Some people can get very sick off of them.. I can eat them BUT my wife, my parents and my sister get very very sick off them.. They cant even use them in baking....

Chris

Last edited:
I've never had them over easy, i think scrambled once. they never bothered me but i think i only used 1 duck egg with like 5 chicken eggs.

my little brother eats them friend whenever we have them, he just LOVES them.

Thats too bad, I really love duck eggs. Maybe they ae just too much to put on an empty stomach. I dont ever eat eggs in the morning, fried eggs of any kind on an empty stomach make me ill. We are big on Brinner around here for that reason. Sorry they make you yack, thats too bad, they are so yummy.

Aw, I'm so sorry. The proteins in duck eggs are very different from those in chicken eggs. As a result, folks who are allergic to chicken eggs can often eat duck eggs no problem. But... folks who eat chicken eggs just fine can nevertheless be allergic to duck eggs. Sounds like you're one of the unlucky ones.
sad.png

It isn't the "richness" that is the problem. You are most likely allergic. It is the proteins in the whites that trigger an allergic reaction. I react to chicken eggs, but don't have trouble with duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom